In the second photo above, you can see that I’ve worked on the orange geode. I’ve added highlights to the right side and shadows to the left. I also corrected some colors. I darkened the table cloth with a gray glaze.
In my next session, shown above, I’ve scumbled in some lights onto the cloth. I corrected the shape of the small crystal. It had been too wide. I also added some highlights to its front plane. Next, I painted some reflected lights onto the top of the stone.
This area is looking pretty good to me. I’ll leave it for now and reevaluate it after I’ve worked on the rest of the painting some more.