I tackled the basket again, this time painting more loosely and not worrying if I didn’t paint all of the strips. To get the feel of the basket, I did have to be a bit more detailed than I usually am in my studies.

Above is how the basket looked after my second try. I’ll have to let the paint dry a bit before I can make corrections. If I were to try now, the paint would smear and it ‘d be hard to both achieve light lights and dark darks and get any crisp edges.

I made a first try on the nest, concentrating mostly on the larger value areas and adding some twigs here and there.

After this dries in a few days, I’ll make my corrections.